Finding the perfect wedding venue is likely to be at the top of any newly engaged couple’s list. The venue you pick will determine many factors...but the most important is your budget. This is what will define your search. As a wedding supplier, we’ve visited many venues around Norfolk and Suffolk and each one is amazing in its own right. Whilst looking at venues remember to think along these lines......
· Do you need a large capacity venue or a smaller more intimate one? Outside or inside wedding? Remember to think wedding and reception together. Will it be at the same place as your wedding, (which would obviously make life simpler for both you and your guests.) Or a separate venue?
· How many guests are you thinking of inviting? Make a rough list.
· When you look at a venue think – imagine how it will look when filled with tables. A good idea is to see it set up for a wedding. If this isn’t possible ask to see photos or a slideshow.... Ask for a seating plan of the room full of tables.
· Think too about which locations your guests will be coming from? If they’re not local, choose a venue that is easily accessible, maybe has accommodation on site or hotels nearby? Do you have guests from abroad, so are you close to an international airport?
As a couple am sure you’ll have an idea of what your day will be like and your venue needs to live up to your expectations. So while taking all this on board with budget as your main focus you will need to include some of the following points.
· Will your venue be able to provide everything you need within your budget?
· What type of catering would you like? Can the venue supply this?
· Do you have friends who can bake the cake or take photographs? Check the venue will allow this. Or does the venue have recommended suppliers?
· Entertainment –do you want live music, does the venue allow this? Different entertainment ideas like fireworks, sparklers, fun casino, magicians etc....will the venue allow them?
I bet you’re thinking wow, that’s a lot to take on board? That’s true, but each venue will go out of it’s way to make sure your day is special. We’d like to mention some of the fabulous places around Norwich and Norfolk that are awesome venues that we know and trust....
Pentney Abbey is an award-winning wedding venue mid Norfolk. With its stunning gatehouse, it is one of the most unique venues in Norfolk making it ideal for a special wedding day. Pentney Abbey has been lovingly restored and renovated. It offers exclusive use and is only available for weddings.
With it being unique to weddings, Pentney Abbey has been arranged to provide beautiful ceremony spaces and idyllic gardens.
Oxnead Hall is a 16th century hall complete with great barn that provides a spectacular backdrop to any wedding day. It has plenty of accommodation for you and your guests
Kimberley Hall is, without doubt, one of the finest wedding venues within the Norfolk countryside. Situated just 9 miles outside the city of Norwich. The hall was built in 1712 and is a much-loved family home.
The house itself overlooks a stunning 15-acre lake and the River Tiffey valley, home to the county’s best selection of ancient oaks. The 18th century building is packed full of character.
The Boathouse is an excellent wedding venue in Norfolk and is set in 11 acres of beautiful parkland on the banks of the enchanting Ormesby Broad. For your wedding you can get married on the deck overlooking the water. This idyllic venue provides a combination of contemporary and rustic charm with a subtle flair of New England style to it.
Brasted’s is a lovely wedding venue in the village of Framingham Pigot in Norfolk. With the ceremony area on the meadow, it is perfect for an outdoor wedding ceremony. With Brasted’s you also have the option of an indoor ceremony inside the barn itself.
Langley Abbey is steeped in history and is placed in the heart of Norfolk. It’s a fantastic venue for weddings of any size, with plenty of accommodation nearby there are plenty of options for your wedding preparations.
Chaucer Barn is one of the most prestigious wedding venues in the country. The Independent newspaper rated it as the UK's sixth best wedding venue. An upmarket converted-barn guesthouse on 80 acres, with stylish bedrooms, public spaces and amenities.
Chaucer Barn is situated on the edge of the charming village of Gresham, tucked into a valley classified as an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The Norfolk Mead The Norfolk Mead is situated in eight acres of lovingly kept private grounds in the heart of the unspoilt Norfolk Broads, on the banks of the River Bure. An imposing red-brick mansion with sweeping gravel drive and triangular pediment.
Built in 1740 by a Norwich sugar merchant, the house is extended back and sides, and its walled garden houses a modern wedding and functions venue. It has the feel of a small country house hotel with a series of fire-warmed sitting areas.
The Reading Rooms A beautifully restored historic building in the heart of the North Norfolk countryside. This unique new venue will capture your heart and imagination and is exclusively yours for the day. Easily accessible, we are situated close to the stunning North Norfolk Coast and only 15 miles from the centre of Norwich.
Believed to date back to the 17th century The Reading Room stands in beautiful landscaped gardens, with the Church of St Ethelberts providing a spectacular backdrop to the venue.
Sprowston Manor is housed within a stately 16th-century English manor and features the perfect blend of historic elegance and contemporary comfort. Hotel rooms and suites boast a variety of helpful amenities, while many feature views of our beautifully landscaped grounds.
Dunston Hall Norwich’s Dunston Hall offers the most elegant setting for a truly special wedding celebration. Situated in the heart of Norwich’s picturesque countryside, Dunston Hall is the perfect country house wedding venue.
The majestic red brick mansion is surrounded by beautiful parkland, offering the most stunning backgrounds for photographs. The Elizabethan-style building exudes elegance and boasts stunning traditional features, such as the grand sweeping staircase.
Park Farm Country Hotel is nestled in the rolling Norfolk countryside amongst picturesque gardens, providing a wonderful and photogenic location for your wedding. Park Farm is an exclusive country house hotel situated on the outskirts of the city of Norwich.